Friday, August 3, 2012

A New School Year

Whew, it is time already for a new school year here in south Mississippi. The lazy days of summer are drawing to an end. Actually, the days of summer have been over for my husband and I for about 3 weeks now. We have the privilege of being Band Directors. Yes, I capitalized that because I believe it is a position to be respected, feared, and sought after by many! Well, maybe not the latter, but we do have a load on us as teachers of band. A lot more responsibilities than classroom teachers (though they have a tough job also and a lot of responsibilities as well), and a lot more responsibilities than people may realize... And that is why I am starting this blog, BandDirectorConfessions. This blogs is to share our wonderful, exciting, amazing, unbelievable and sometimes just wild experiences of being Band Directors that are married. Oh, the things you will learn from this blog, haha. I plan on sharing pictures of Friday night football games, Saturday marching contests, weekly practices, and anything else our crazy band kiddos do. I tried doing this a couple of years ago, but sadly just didn't keep up with it. I shall try harder this time. Anyways, I think that wraps it up for my first post. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment