Thursday, August 23, 2012

First game of the season and other random things....

Well I meant to do a post about our first game, which was last Friday night, a lot earlier this week but life got in the way, haha. So we had our first Friday night game of the season last week. Unfortunately, our team lost. But that certainly did not keep our band kids from having a squawking good time. I should have taken more pics..but..uh, I forgot. (At least I'm honest!) Here is a picture I did get of my awesome handsome amazing talented wonderful band director hubby Lee Rigdon standing on the podium in front of his band, about to conduct the Star Spangled Banner:
Isn't he handsome? Well, yes, I am a little bias. I admit it. I am in love. Ok, so here is the other love of my life on the drum major's podium during 3rd quarter:
Well as some of you may or may not know, I used to work as my husband's assistant-as the junior high director/assistant high school band director/colorguard instructor. When I got preggo with the little man you see in the picture above, I decided to stop working and become a stay at home Mom. So we hired a wonderful young lady to be our new colorguard instructor. She did an absolutely AWESOME job these past 2 years. Unfortunately, she was not able to help us this year unexpectedly. We totally understand and definitely will miss her. Therefore, I have stepped in as the colorguard instructor once again. Here is a picture of my lovely girlies at practice one day after school:
And, last but not least, I have a huge problem. I think my son is going to be a drummer. Yep, you heard me right. A drummer. Just look. And the high school kids are encouraging it. Yeah yeah, I'm sure that all 2 year olds like anything that makes noise, haha. But I am just trying to prepare myself if it is true. Maybe its just a 2 year old phase.....
Well, that about wraps up this weeks post! Thank you so very much for taking time out of your busy Facebook time to read my blog about being a band director. We live such an exciting life, I know. :) Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment